Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, register for an event or an online course, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information you may choose to provide include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, payment information, gender, information about your company and current position, and employment history.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect the following information about you:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may with your consent collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you connect an Collibra account with your social media account, we may have access to certain information from the company that owns or operates the social media account in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media company. Additionally, Collibra may receive information about you from other third parties whom you have authorized to share your information or who collect information in connection with co-branded offerings.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Collibra and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected, and which is necessarily contemplated by the collection of such information or is otherwise explicitly mentioned in the process of collection.
Sharing of Information
- In connection with a joint marketing campaign, seminar, Collibra product offering or other product or service offered by Collibra in conjunction with a third party, we may share your information with any third parties participating in such offering and such parties may use this information for their direct marketing purposes. Please see “Your Rights to Information about Sharing” below for more information about this sharing.
- With resellers of Collibra products and services or with sellers of products and services complementary to Collibra products and services, in order to pursue sales opportunities and for other direct marketing purposes. Please see “Your Rights to Information about Sharing” below for more information about this sharing.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we are required by, or believe disclosure is required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including in connection with lawful requests by law enforcement, national security, or other public authorities;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of Collibra or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
Collibra Inc. adhere in its processing of personal data received from the EU (“EU Data”) to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Principles established by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission (the “Principles”). For more information about the Principles, please visit the Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.
Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Principles to the point of contact listed in the “Contact Us” section below. Collibra is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC. If Collibra shares EU Data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on Collibra’s behalf, then Collibra may be held liable for that third party’s processing of EU Data in violation of the Principles, unless Collibra can prove that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Collibra takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
If you are a resident of a country that provides you with the right to request a copy of the personal data Collibra holds about you and/or to correct any inaccuracies within such data, and Collibra is required by applicable laws to respond to such requests, then you may address such requests to the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Collibra will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete information that we hold about you or to advise you if we are not required by applicable laws to comply with such requests.
If you have registered for an account via our Services, you may update, correct or delete your account information by logging into your online account.
Some of our mobile applications collect precise geolocation information from your mobile device. Prior to collecting such information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you may be able to subsequently stop the collection of this information through your device operating system settings. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Collibra by following the instructions provided in those communications or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you email us to unsubscribe from our commercial email messages, please include the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the email subject line. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your Rights to Information about Sharing
Residents of California and residents of certain international countries may request certain details, pursuant to applicable laws, about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a resident of one of these jurisdictions, and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.