We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
You will be responsible for the development of lineage scanners. The goal is to extract useful metadata from various technologies, specifically ETL tools and BI reporting tools. Extraction has various levels of complexity coming from processing XML files to implementing a lightweight scripting language processor.
This position is ideal if you enjoy deep diving into structured data and coding algorithms to fetch the relevant parts and connect it together. Beside that it is expected you will be able to get a grasp on various technologies you will be reverse engineering.
Your work will have a positive impact on companies, developers and data scientists who have to otherwise extract lineage manually or keep it as black box. Value proposition and motto of the team you will join is “We need 1 minute to document 1 year of your development”.
A day in the life of a Python Software Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Delivering quality code while implementing various scanners
- Discover dependencies in the metadata and work with analyst to build prototypes
- Keep and maintain a crystal clear documentation of what you have implemented
- Participate in architectural design
- Implement algorithms for traversing multiple sources and strive for code reusability
- Leverage metadata buried in underlying tech and deliver a great value to end users
- You’ll be using the following technologies: Python, Docker, SQLite
- Collaborate with other engineers, QAs, PMs, UXs, SREs, CI, CD, etc
- Solid experience using Python as a software engineer and great motivation to have it as your primary programming language
- 8+ years of experience as an engineer and a Bachelor, or 5+ years and a master
- Interest on Integration tasks as dig throughout data
- Passion about reverse engineering and explorative programming
- Comfort working fully in English
- Strong plus: ETL or BI products knowledge and/or experience
- REST API experience
- Demonstrated ability to create methods and choose the best way to use technology to get the better results
- A great motivation to collaborate with with others, within your engineering team or cross functionally
- You see a great value and enjoy working with distributed and diverse teams
- You are disciplined, flexible and willing to learn and improve
- An agile mindset
- Organization skills and good clean code principles
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*