Over a year ago the marketing team came to me and asked if I wanted to be the host of Collibra’s first ever podcast. I was interested, but hesitant at first. I had never done something like this before and had no idea what to expect. But now, just two weeks out from launching season two, I couldn’t be more excited about what the future holds for The Data Download.
Season two is going to be bigger and better than ever. While season one really laid the foundation for conversations about data mesh, data and ethics, AI and ML, ESG and building a data office; season two will expand on these topics and dive deeper into how these topics are directly impacting organizations today. More specifically, this season, I really push my guests to discuss the impact of their decisions and tackle the controversial question of “why”, as well as getting insight into the practical “how” of their approaches and recommendations.
While I am excited for season two, I can’t forget what brought us here…all of our amazing guests from season one. In case you missed it, here are my top five moments from season one of The Data Download.
1.Discussing with Anna Hannem of Scotiabank the increased impact of data and analytics today and how that is driving the need for a data and ethics program in every organization.
2. When Joe Wallace of Adobe shared that clean data is the same as clean water; it should be easily consumable – with no moose droppings!
3. Unpacking how data governance changes and evolves based on the different lines of business and that impact on building a solid data mesh strategy with Sonali Bhavsar of Accenture.
4. Exploring the many layers of ESG from regulatory compliance to data for good with Martin Weirich or PwC.
5. Hearing Sarah Hoffman of Fidelity share her definition of AI as interchangeable with ML since ML is the area that is really the game changer today.
6. Bonus item #6 : A theme developed all year about careers in the data ecosystem. It was fascinating and I hope it was instructive to learn how the variety of experts got into the field, evolved, and excelled over their years.
Want to learn more? Tune into The Data Download on May 10th