- New York
- June 11, 2018
“Crowdsourced Data Governance,” New Performance and Functionality Enhancements Improve User Experience, Help Organizations Unlock Value from their Data
New York, June 11, 2018 – Data-driven organizations realize the importance of deriving value from their data for business advantage. But this can only be achieved when data citizens (anyone within the organization who uses data to perform their job) can easily access the data, understand it, and trust it. Today, Collibra, the leader in enterprise data governance and catalog software, announced its latest product release, Collibra 5.4. Collibra 5.4 features new crowdsourced social functionality that leverages the knowledge and insights of business users across the organization to allow them to rate and review data assets and extend data governance engagement and collaboration.
“Most organizations today are leveraging some form of centralized data governance,” said Felix Van de Maele, co-founder and CEO of Collibra. “But pushing data governance to the edge presents a tremendous opportunity for organizations to enable the business users with the most intimate knowledge of data to rate and review that data and share their insights with others. Crowdsourced input helps the best content rise to the top, and our new Collibra ratings and review functionality empowers organizations to take a more community-driven approach to data governance and foster collaboration and engagement. This way, a company’s best information assets are identified, promoted, and used with confidence.”
About Ratings and Reviews
Much like how consumers benefit from a five-star rating system on sites like Amazon to help guide their selection process, the Collibra 5.4 ratings and reviews functionality includes a new starred rating section on each asset page, offering users fast insights into trustworthy assets (such as data sets) and helping them make better decisions about which data to use based on trusted feedback from their peers.
Additional Collibra 5.4 Enhancements
- Dedicated Report Catalog Page and Functionality: To drive broad data governance adoption, user experience and design must be outstanding. Collibra 5.4 features one single place where users can get an overview on all the reports that are being built in an enterprise across different business intelligence tools and even Excel files.
- Enhanced Data Catalog Landing Page: To more quickly get critical data resources in the hands of data consumers of various levels of acumen, Collibra 5.4 features a new, more graphical and user-friendly portal experience for its Data Catalog. The landing page includes catalog-specific search and multiple different types of sub pages to improve the user experience.
- License Management: Collibra 5.4 offers a license consumption dashboard for administrators, making it easy to ensure each user has the license they require, while staying within compliance, independent from permissions.
- Repository Replication: As back-up protection, Collibra 5.4 offers enterprise-level database replication support.
- Enhanced Quick Search: Collibra 5.4 features enhanced quick search functionality that begins making suggestions even before a user starts typing.
- Tableau: Collibra 5.4 includes an infrastructure to parse Tableau workbooks, going beyond what the Tableau API makes available in terms of metadata.
As the leader in data governance and catalog software, Collibra helps organizations across the world gain competitive advantage by maximizing the value of their data across the enterprise. Collibra is the only solution purpose-built to address the gamut of data stewardship, governance, and management needs of the most complex, data-intensive industries. Our flexible and configurable cloud-based or on-premises solution puts people and processes first – automating data governance and management to quickly and securely deliver trusted data to the business users who need it. Learn more at www.collibra.com.