Senior L3 Support Engineer I
Joining Collibra’s L3 team:
- You will identify code defects in Collibra’s software platform based on your investigation of customer-reported problems.
- The L3 Engineering team responds to customer issues, identifies the root cause and applies workarounds for them. Reporting to the L3 Support Manager, you will be part of a growing team of engineers focused on improving customer satisfaction.
- As an engineer you will focus on the edge cases, the “what if”. We need your knowledge to find the root cause and we need your experience and skill-set to resolve it.
L3 Engineers at Collibra are responsible for:
- Analyzing complex customer issues to determine the root cause.
- Improving observability by identifying logging and monitoring improvements and unblocking customers using our software.
- Collaborating across Collibra’s Product Engineering teams to understand unclear functional requirements.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience with developing Java-based applications (including strong experience with the Spring framework)
- Knowledge of OO principles, Design Patterns, Test-Driven Development and clean code principles.
- Experience maintaining software running in production.
- An investigator, excited by the challenge of looking for bugs and resolving them.
- Focused on quality and knowledge of how and especially what to test in order to execute change with confidence.
- Motivated by the challenge of scaling a growing company.
- Collaborative - we work cross functionally with many other teams and we often need to help project teams instrument and improve their observability.
- Comfortable working in English, we are a global team!
Reporting to Collibra’s Manager, L3 Support, an L3 Software Engineers measures of success are:
- Within your first month, you will gain an understanding of the Collibra application ecosystem, our personas and the most common user workflows associated with them.
- Within your third month, you will be an active member of our team, and be comfortable investigating issues on your own.
- Within your sixth month, you will be interacting with other engineering teams to discuss improvements. You will have a broad understanding of the use cases our application provides and detailed understanding in some of the more complex parts of the system.