$12.9 million dollars. That’s what Gartner estimates an organization loses every year due to poor data quality. These financial losses can stem from poor decision making, customer churn, operational inefficiencies and more, all due to poor data quality.
To help improve data quality across your organization, the 2023.08 release of Collibra Data Quality & Observability has new features and enhancements to ensure your organization is armed with the highest quality data possible.
This release is focused on:
- Improved security and cost savings with the GA of Data Quality with Pushdown for Databricks
- Enhanced user experience with streamlined and more familiar UI’s
- Increased auditability with expanded data storage connections
Read the release notes here.
Improved security and cost savings with Data Quality Pushdown for Databricks
Collibra and Databricks have a long standing partnership, with joint customers seeing major success with trusted data within their lakehouse. We’re upping our commitment to delivering high-quality data to Databricks users with the GA of Data Quality Pushdown for Databricks. Pushdown enables you to securely run data quality scans directly in Databricks for faster results.
With Data Quality Pushdown for Databricks, you can:
- Prevent downstream issues with automatic rules that detects anomalies so you can find and fix bad data before it impacts your business
- Increase efficiency by scanning billions of record in seconds without a dependency on Spark
- Lower costs by securely processing data in Databricks, removing fees for data egress
Enhanced user experience with streamlined and more familiar UI’s
Collibra Data Quality & Observability now provides users a more intuitive, cleaner and familiar experience with an enhanced UI and reimagined interfaces. With a new API-based integration, you’ll be able to easily see the quality of your data sets within the Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud, view the rules and scores associated with data, and drill into what’s impacting scores, all without having to navigate to another application. This means you can map tenants, Data Quality datasets, and other objects for a faster and all around better experience.
Users can now:
- Use the Explorer page to quickly navigate and view consolidated workflows for more data under quality management with fewer clicks
- Use the new Rules Workbench for a faster, more streamlined development experience
- Leverage the API-based integration for increased efficiency and productivity
- Easily understand data issues through the use of Natural language processing (NLP) which translates any data issues into plain language
Increased auditability with expanded data storage connections
Full data auditing and understanding is extremely important, especially when organizations must answer to regulators and business partners. Collibra Data Quality & Observability now offers enhanced storage options, allowing users to store break record data in their storage container of choice.
What’s a break record? A break record shows when data is missing. For example, if a customer record should include email, a rule can be written to identify every record where the email is missing, creating a break record. Now, organizations can save full break records files to the container of their choice for as long as they wish for full audibility and compliance.
With our new Q3 updates to Collibra Data Quality & Observability, organizations can more easily improve security, enhance user experience, and increase the ability to be audited. These improvements ensure the use of trusted and high quality data across the organization and help organizations remain data driven.