We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Do you have a passion for helping people while solving challenging technical IT problems? Does working in a dynamic environment give you energy? Are you looking to work in a multicultural environment with colleagues around the globe?
If so, great to meet you! We’re seeking an Application Support Engineer who can be our customers’ champion and bring clarity to any challenges encountered. You’ll join our EMEA support engineering team based out of Brussels and be part of a global Support team within our Customer Success organization.
A day in the life of an Application Support Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the EMEA Support Engineer Manager, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Managing all communication with customers and partners required to resolve technical support requests; Zoom, Zendesk and Jira are your daily tools.
- Providing white-glove service during incident management
- Creating clarity on customer issues; troubleshooting them and assessing if support tickets are known or if it’s a new product bug
- Resolving support tickets within the limits of contractual service level agreements (SLA)
- Coordinating and tracking escalated tickets
- Periodically helping our customers with urgent issues they encounter over the weekend and on public holidays
- Contributing your experience and technical knowledge to the Collibra knowledge base
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing software support role and a Bachelor’s degree, or 3+ years of experience and a Master’s degree
- Experience with troubleshooting web-based enterprise applications
- Experience working closely with software developers
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SQL Databases and other data source types
- Experience with Java and REST API’s
- You know your way around the command line on Linux
- You have knowledge of secure connections, Authentication and Authorization; aka SSL, certificates, SSO, and LDAP
- Experience working in a SaaS Environment
- Proficiency in German, French or Spanish
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*