Today, organizations across all industries are using data for nearly every business decision, and the value of reliable, trustworthy data has grown exponentially as a way to gain competitive advantage. Collibra was built to be the system of record for all data professionals.
Our scalable, cloud-based platform provides people with a uniform view of their data landscape, independent of where or how the data is stored. This enables people to automate processes, find and understand their data, and trust the data to make confident, informed business decisions - something we call Data Intelligence.
Founded in 2008 in Brussels, Belgium
Named Belgium’s first Tech Unicorn in 2019
$345.5M in funding
600+ employees across 18 countries
Global offices in Brussels, NYC, Wroclaw and Atlanta
Co-working locations in London, Paris and Melbourne
Main tech stack: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Java, Spring, PostgresQL, React, TypeScript, GraphQL and many others
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
To support our current and future growth, we are looking for a top-notch engineer that wants to continuously improve our cloud native platform and products while working closely with our engineering teams. We are an engineer-driven company where your talent is truly appreciated and maximized.
A day in the life of a Sr. Cloud Native Engineer & Kubernetes Specialist at Collibra:
You’ll be building Collibra cloud-native platform and products with your team members and you’ll have a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- You’ll act as one of our Kubernetes experts, and will be the go-to for advice on building our products platform
- Leading the definition and/or implementation of new features or products, technical strategies, development standards, configurations – and ensuring overall team success
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Engineering and Product teams to influence technical decisions
- Work over a containerised , multi-cloud, multi-region environment
- Work with the following technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, ArgoCD, Helm, Git, Traefik, SignalFX, Datadog, Go, Java, PostgresQL, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Hashicorp Vault, Terraform, different cloud providers (AWS and GCP for sure) … and much more.
- 12+ years of experience with building scalable software, or 8+ years of experience and a Master’s degree in a related field
- Exceptional skills with Kubernetes in production environments and you can act as our internal expert for containerization
- Perfected your ability in defining and implementing methods and strategies to develop complex products and features, tied to end-user value
- Hands-on experience in AWS/ GCP infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated your knowledge of cloud-native engineering, infrastructure as code, and continuous delivery through referenceable projects
- Driven and influenced strategic initiatives through effective communication and collaboration with team members and senior stakeholders
- Comfort working fully in English - we're a global team, and it's the language we share!
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, and database model optimization are a huge plus
- Java, Terraform, Vault, Go, PostgresQL, ElasticSearch or Kafka - If this your stack, let's talk!
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Native operations aspects like disaster recovery, chaos engineering, scalability, resilience, *-as-code, linux administration…
- The belief that DevOps is the right way
- You do your best work with a diverse and distributed team
- You’re passionate about creating and finishing new things
- You love challenges and problem solving, and approach the world as a continuous learner
- You are Agile, positive, open, and have a flexible, solution-driven mindset
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*