Five Reasons to Attend Data Citizens ’19
The excitement is mounting here at Collibra as Data Citizens ’19 approaches! It’s happening May 22-23 this year, at the Conrad hotel in New York City. Our team can hardly wait – they are so excited to be partnering with you to discover the real-world ways organizations are managing and using data today to make a difference.
So, whether you’re trying to decide for yourself, or your team – I do know you will bring back lots of ideas, tools, and techniques to help accelerate business transformation at your own organization.
But if you need a little more information, here are five great reasons to attend Data Citizens ‘19:
- Engage with the data community – Data Citizens ’19 is once again set to be the largest gathering of data professionals, including both producers and consumers. It is a fantastic opportunity to connect with people from a variety of organizations, learn about the experience of others in a more informal way, and share insights. Year after year, those who attend the Data Citizens events say just how valuable the networking is for them.
- Get hands-on with technology – There is even more focus this year on the ongoing collaboration between Collibra and users. For example, there is a special “Product Manager for the Day” session where you will directly influence the future development of our platform. This year’s Under The Hood pre-conference day also allows technical users to partner with our engineering and product team to build workflows, integrations, and a tailored Collibra experience.
- Become inspired – Data Citizens ’19 has an agenda that is packed full of fantastic speakers willing to share their stories and insights. They hail from great companies such as Merck, VMWare, Adobe, Freddie Mac, American Express, Credit Suisse, Cigna, Verizon, Dell, American Airlines, Lockheed Martin, and many others. Day One explores key strategic themes such as data culture, data location, and data analytics, while Day Two looks at important issues such as ethics in AI, regulatory change, and building effective collaboration with the business.
- Meet our partners – A number of Collibra’s partners will be attending Data Citizens, too. From AWS to KPMG and Tableau, you can learn about technologies that integrate directly with Collibra and can support information security, optimize your data infrastructure, host your data in the cloud, analyze and report on your data, comply with elements of GDPR or CCPA, or deliver a host of other important capabilities, no matter what industry you work in.
- Learn from the best of the best – This year’s Collibra Excellence Awards will be announced at the end of Day One. The award winners will then speak in the morning on Day Two – giving all those at the event an opportunity to learn from data leaders and teams that have truly driven digital transformation.
Data Citizens ’19 is designed to empower you with new knowledge and skills that you can bring back to your team and share, to help your organization in its journey towards digital transformation.
I’m looking forward to personally seeing many of you there this year, both in the sessions and at the Data Citizens ’19 cocktail reception!
Fleur brings deep international marketing experience to the Collibra team. Previously, she was Chief Marketing Officer at Cordium, a leading provider of GRC consulting and technology, where she played a key role in the sale of the company by redefining and delivering their marketing strategy. Fleur also held senior marketing roles at Chain, Markit, Thomson Reuters, and BT Radianz, helping guide these companies through milestones including IPOs, double-digit revenue growth, and brand leadership. She holds a BA in Communications from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.