7 Reasons to Attend Data Citizens ‘17
What are you doing on May 2nd and 3rd? I hope you’re going to the Collibra Data Citizens ’17 Conference. But before you tell me you have to stay home to watch the grass grow, give me 2 minutes to let you know why — if you’re serious about using data to drive your business — you want to consider attending.
And, remember: This is NOT your father’s data governance – it’s data governance born to empower not just data professionals, but all of today’s business users – all data citizens.
Here are seven reasons why you should register right now.
- It’s BIG and State-of-the-Art: Data Citizens ’17 is the world’s largest data governance-dedicated conference. This makes it THE event for anyone who wants to learn the leading-edge techniques to easily find and understand data they can trust and use it to drive organizational success.
- It’s Do-able: We’ve created a jam-packed 2 days full of networking, insights, and actionable and achievable advice to help you start — or advance — your data governance program, one step at a time. Our expert presenters will deliver content that gives you tips, tricks, and best practices that you can put into action as soon as you return to the office.
- Keynote speaker Shankar Vedantam: Explore the “psychology of data” with NPR’s social science correspondent who will demystify how the brain processes information, the effects of information overload on the way we think, and how managers can drive change within organizations to make data more relevant.
- Rub elbows with leading data governance thinkers: Not only will Collibra experts and partners be on-hand to provide advice and answer questions, but you’ll also have ample opportunities to mix and mingle with customers who are blazing new ground with their data governance initiatives.
- Get a sneak peek at what’s coming next in the Collibra data governance platform: You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at what’s planned for Collibra Data Governance Center and the new Collibra Catalog.
- Get certified: Rock your next performance review. Our on-site Collibra University certification workshops, enable you to take your data governance knowledge to the next level. Choose from three certification options, including CDO Readiness Certification, Data Steward Certification, and Developer Certification.
- Understand what data governance can – and can’t – do to support GDPR compliance: Day 2 keynote speaker Dennis Slattery, CEO, EDMWorks, covers pressing topics such as people’s rights, regulator’s powers, organizations impacted by the GDPR, and actions to take now.
The Data Citizens Conference is quickly becoming the go-to event for all things data governance. All the cool kids are going.
The early bird discount for Data Citizens ’17 expires on March 17, so register by then to save $200. Book now and I’ll see you in May!
Mary serves as Chief Marketing Officer at Collibra. She is globally responsible for the Collibra brand and demand marketing strategy and execution, and is a member of the executive committee. She has experience in both B2B as well as B2C marketing, and has marketed products and solutions ranging from soap to software. Her technology experience includes enterprise software marketing and strategy roles for SAP. She has also led the global marketing efforts for growth-stage software companies in the business intelligence and data warehousing categories. Mary holds a bachelor’s degree from Yale and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.